The Overt Plate Carrier is the big brother of the DPC, which attracts a little more attention. He is more interested in the tasks that are done less covertly. With a weight of just under 720 grams, it weighs a little more than its little brother, but also has more possibilities for attaching pouches and patches and additional features.
- The D-rings on the front are attached for a quick ejection of the plate carrier. When the ring is pulled, the lower part of the shoulder strap on the selected side is pulled forward, opening the shoulder area. A simple closing after the emergency opening is easily possible. It is not necessary to thread in a steel rope or similar, as used by other manufacturers. Simply clip together the desired length of the shoulder harness.
- An upgrade with placards is also given by vertical laser cut slits in the chest area. These allow the insertion of G-Hooks or QASM buckles.
- The cummerbund is closed with ROC buckles from 2M. The body circumference is adjusted on the backside by means of Velcro. After size adjustment, the MOLLE flap is clipped over the ends of the cummerbund to secure it. The cummerbund itself consists of two layers of robust elastic polyester rubber band, thus ensuring a close fit to the body and adapting to the wearer’s movements. Additionally, magazines, tourniquets or radios can be stored in the integrated side pockets, which are equipped with a row of Lasercut-MOLLE.
- Here too, the ballistic protection plates are inserted into the carrier from above and secured with a Velcro strap. The OPC is designed for plates with the size 30 cm x 25 cm. Due to the existing flap, plates with slightly different sizes can also be used. The shoulder straps secure the slabs again when carried and ensure that they sit close to the body. If a different size of OPC is required, this is also possible. Simply write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the front and back side there are lasercut-MOLLE and hook and loop surfaces to attach call signs, patches and so on.
- The inside of the OPC is equipped with two strips of hook and loop on each side (dimensions 3.5 cm x 17 cm). This offers the possibility to stick in cushions of your choice or e.g. a TacVet.
- On the underside there are six rows of Lasercut-MOLLES. This also allows you to attach narrow pouches or e.g. a Tourniquet with Shock Cord.
(Included in delivery: Front and back of the Plate Carrier with cummerbund. Pictures may show products that are not included in the scope of delivery, but can be ordered separately. Ballistic plates are also not included in the scope of delivery, but can be ordered from us).